Re: Current Status

Tom Fisher schrieb:
Yes I am using it in arch x86_64 and it works fine, with the following caveat:

I couldn't get the acpi_osi="!Windows 2006" kernel param to work with the default kernel. The kernel itself seemed to be OK with it (i.e. it did actually fix the speed mode LED and turned the nvidia card on), but once it hit arch's initramfs it would kernel panic complaining about an invalid variable 2006".

I tried many combinations of acpi_osi=\"!Windows 2006\" acpi_osi=!Windows\ 2006 "acpi_osi=!Windows 2006" etc, and all of them produced the error/panic at the same spot.

I built a custom kernel that didn't require an initramfs and that solved this issue for me.

You could also try setting this option as a built-in kernel option (make menuconfig: Processor type and features / Built-in kernel command line).

Regards,
Bernd

--
Bernd Eggink