WWAN on Vaio VGN-Z41WD

Dear all,

Thanks for your help. I am afraid I am going to start a new thread, but since I am not receiving Launchpad e-mails at my own e-mail address I have no choice. Unfortunately it looks like my problem is one step before activation/inactivation by rfkill: my device really does not show up in lsusb unless I previously boot into Windows. Indeed I have 3 rfkill<n> folders, one for sony-wifi, one for sony-bluetooth and one for 5100AGN, which refers to the wi-fi Intel card and is not functional. The other two work perfectly. I have the file /sys/devices/platform/sony-laptop/wwanpower, but no matter I echo 0 or 1 in it, the device does not show up in lsusb. I think it is a UDEV-related issue, maybe distribution-specific. Has someone any experience with it?

Thanks a lot, cheers

Paolo Tosco