Re: What features are avaiable without "sony-laptop-zseries-0.9" eva module ??

On Do, 24 Sep 2009, Lucas Zinato Carraro wrote:
> What features are  already avaiable for Sony-Z  series without Eva module (
> sony-laptop) ?

with normal kernel sony-laptop:

>  + rfkill ??

yes

>  + speed_stamina ( nvidia hybrid power )?

no

>  + fanspeed ?

not adjustable, with neither module

>  + backlight ( intel , nvidia ) ?

yes

> I would like to know if this functions are present in other kernel modulles.
> ( acpi, bluetooth and etc ... )

you need the sony-laptop module from the kernel, if you kernel is recent
enough.

> This module has any conflicts  with original sony-laptop ?

yes, it is the same with some functionality added. you can use only the
kernel built in or the other one.

> Exist any project or any people in this team porting this functions to
> kernel ??

the sony-laptop module *is* kernel stuff, and many parts have already
been included into the official kernel module.

The thing that is missing is the speed-stamina thing, but that will
not happen soon, I guess.

Best wishes

Norbert

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@xxxxxxxx>        Vienna University of Technology
Debian Developer <preining@xxxxxxxxxx>                         Debian TeX Group
TINGRITH (n.)
The feeling of silver paper against your fillings.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff