Re: rfkill-applet 0.6

On Do, 24 Sep 2009, Wayde wrote:
> Using Hal/DBUS access mode

You could try rfkill acces by setting the permission of /dev/rfill
correct. See the readme.

To fix the hal/dbus problem:

Can you try the attached rfkill-applet.py:
- put it into the unpacked rfkill-applet-0.6, but make a backup copy
  of the old one
- again call
	python rfkill-applet.py -d
- try to deactivate the wifi BUT WITHIN THE WINDOW THAT IS SHOWN
  (not in the one integrated into the panel!)

What is printed? Does it freeze?

Best wishes

Norbert

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@xxxxxxxx>        Vienna University of Technology
Debian Developer <preining@xxxxxxxxxx>                         Debian TeX Group
`My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland
and a natural deficiency in moral fibre, and that I am
therefore excused from saving Universes.'
                 --- Ford's last ditch attempt to get out of helping
                 --- Slartibartfast.