Re: BIOS windows7 vs Ubuntu9.10

If you really need it - you can install Windows 7 (x86/x64) with old BIOS (ie 2168/3054), v186.81 notebook drivers from nvidia site works fine (you must add your ven/dev id's to inf file). The only problem - backlight control in Windows 7 using Fn keys doesn't work.

Regards,
  Alexandr Kindras.

Michal Kvasnicka wrote:
Could anybody clarify here, what is the current situation regarding
recently available BIOS releases on vaio-link support web (not other
unofficially "unlocked" versions of BIOS). Which BIOS releases are
compatible with Ubuntu 9.10? Which releases are compatible with latest
NVIDIA driver 185 (Ubuntu recommended)? Is there any additional
dependency on vaio notebook z-series type (z11 vs z21 vs z31 vs z41

If I understand well previous discussion here, so far is not possible
to install Windows 7 and Ubuntu 9.10 as dual boot, because of problems
with BIOS which is required by Windows 7, but still not compatible
with Ubuntu 9.10. Am I right? If yes, is only solution to wait for new
kernel?

Michal