Update BIOS (only Linux installed)

Hi, Sony has released a new BIOS which seems to, amongst others, make it possible to enable VT (R4041M3c).

I've also heard that a later BIOS could be good to have if one want to install Windows 7.

Now, the BIOS seems just to be released as an .EXE which isn't perfect for me since I've just got Linux (Ubuntu 9.04 64bits) installed at the moment.

I was thinking - could this BIOS update be executed within Crossover/Wine - but I have a vague sense that this might not be a good idea... I don't know why but it is something about these sandboxes that scares me. Or should I dare?

So - you hardcore hackers - how do I punch in the new BIOS upgrade?

Regards,
David

Follow ups