Re : Re : Re : Re : sony-janitor and nvidia 185: need log

Hi Raphael,

First,Vroolijk Kerfeest or Froehliche Weihnachten!

Everything works now and I have some informations... (so I can plead half guilty?).

1. removing xorg.conf.failsafe didn't allow me to reboot in console mode after downloading driver 1.90 with janitor. My session starts normaly in graphic mode without message.
So I reboot and choose "Fail Safe" mode in grub, start a root console, type "telinit 3", log to my account and install the driver with "sudo nvsetup".

2. the glxinfo message:
> name of display: :0.0
> Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
is still present but only the first time I reboot (stop and start, no restart) after switching from nvidia to intel. When I reboot again, from intel to intel, it diseapears.
After the switch, I have that in my Xorg.0.log:
(EE) Failed to initialize GLX extension (Compatible NVIDIA X driver not found)
After the second reboot, this message disapears.

3. is it possible that the i810 message is there because I don't have a xorg.conf for intel?
When I'm looking in the Xorg.0.log, it is as if there was a default builtin xorg.conf that try to load modules (it's the idea, excuse me if I don't use the appropriate language).

So, for me, the problem is resolved (not sure that libGL.so was necessary): now I know that I have to hard-reboot twice after nvidia to intel switch.
If somebody is interested, I joined my Xorg.0.log:
- after the switch from nvidia to intel: xorg.log.intel-after-nvidia-reboot
- after the second reboot from intel to intel: xorg.log.intel-after-intel-reboot

The /usr/lib/libGL* and "dpkg-divert --list" are the same after the switch and after the second reboot.

Thanks again and merry christmas for all

Christophe

________________________________
De : Raphael Gradenwitz <raphael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
À : domakmail-ubuntu@xxxxxxxx
Cc : sony-vaio-z-series@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Envoyé le : Jeu 24 Décembre 2009, 1 h 49 min 07 s
Objet : Re: [Sony-vaio-z-series] Re : Re : Re : sony-janitor and nvidia 185: need log

Hello Christophe,

Am Mittwoch, den 23.12.2009, 21:38 +0000 schrieb
domakmail-ubuntu@xxxxxxxx:
> > first of all: HTML mail is a frowned upon ;-)
> I don't think I can write plain text from webmail. If I write with
> monospaced font, is it better for you ?

..forgive them for they know not what they do!

> > Run in a console-window:
> >        sony-VGN-Zseries-janitor -vf
> > and do not yet install the nvidia-driver.
> > After that, look if the /usr/lib/libGL.so link exists
> Unfortunatly, the link was not recreated.
>
> The thing I don't understand is the result of:
> sudo dpkg -S libGL.so
> libgl1-mesa-glx: /usr/lib/libGL.so.1
> ia32-libs: /usr/lib32/libGL.so
> ia32-libs: /usr/lib32/libGL.so.1
> libgl1-mesa-glx: /usr/lib/libGL.so.1.2
> ia32-libs: /usr/lib32/libGL.so.1.2

OK, i see, the file is not from libgl1-mesa-glx in my system  but from
libgl1-mesa-dev.

The janitor script is already updatet to install that link as well (I am
not sure if that makes big difference)

> > What is the output from
> >       lsmod | grep video
> domak@domakistan-laptop:~$ lsmod | grep video
> uvcvideo               65260  0
> videodev               43360  1 uvcvideo
> v4l1_compat            16804  2 uvcvideo,videodev
> v4l2_compat_ioctl32    13344  1 videodev
> video                  23612  1 i915
> output                  3680  1 video

OK, looks good.

> but still have the error:
> domak@domakistan-laptop:~$ grep EE /var/log/Xorg.0.log
>     (WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.
> (II) Loading extension MIT-SCREEN-SAVER
> (EE) Failed to load module "i810" (module does not exist, 0)

No doubt about that, maybe someone else?

> > Not only that is the reason why I suggest you to take the driver
> from
> > ftp-server or a beta driver instead of the distribution package.
> I will follow your advice.

Regards and

Joyeux Noël..

Raphael