Re: Ubuntu 9.10 on Sony Vaio VGN-Z57G

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply. I'll looking for this issue.

Best regards,

Liang

Raphael Gradenwitz wrote:

Hello Liang

Am Mittwoch, den 13.01.2010, 11:05 +0000 schrieb Liang:
I got a Vaio VGN-Z57G  during Xmas days and installed the Ubuntu 9.10 on
it. Everything works fine with the Intel graphic card but impossible to
make the Nvidia card works properly.

I used all tricks posted on  https://launchpad.net/~sony-vaio-z-series,
including the Janitor script.

What I got are :

1) Vertical colore lines on screen  if I set the run level to 5;

Or

2) black screen on laptop but external display works , if I use startx
in runlevel 3, by staring in single user level and then swith to
runlevel 3.

Someone has un idea ?

Must: Downgrade your BIOS,
Can: Downgrade your Windows to Vista or XP.

Search for 'BIOS' and "Windows 7" in this Mailing List

Regards,

Raphael