Re: Ubuntu 9.10 on Sony Vaio VGN-Z57G

Sorry I'm new in this kind of communication. Before, I just read and find solution.

Now I use "reply to all".

Yes I dont use Windows for my work since early 90th. However, for my children's games, I have to maintain a desktop running windows XP with a Ghost image and each time it make me lost time to reinstall the games....

So for my interest, the only question is about the BIOS downgrade (R5053M3 to 4043M3) with a bootable usb key or CD. Would it cause new hardware problems, for example, system suspending when close the notebook, hardware Fn for speaker, light...

Thanks again for all.

Liang

Bruno Santos wrote:

I am not sure if you noticed you were only answer for me. But if that was case always answer to the mailing list so that everyone else can join the discussion.

If you downgrade your BIOS the only problem you might get into is that you will no longer be able to use Windows 7, but since for your words I presume you are only interested in using Linux there shouldn't be any problem. At least I don't see any reason for that. I think that Patrick uses both Linux and Windows 7 and he simply flash the BIOS everytime he want to use Windows or Ubuntu. is that right Patrick?