Intel AND Nvidia on Fedora 12

Hello everyone.

I'm using both cards for their specific "raison d'être". I am on Fedora 12.
However, I have troubles to use both transparently.

I only use acpi_osi=... so that I can cold reboot and switch from one card to the other. That works fine. My problem concerns the libGL.so files which seem to have some troubles. I heard someone on Fedora too, which was able to use both cards well. Does it really mean he can use both cards at their whole value ?

Of course, I can use both easily. My problem is to use both in their best way which I cannot by now.

uname -a give :
Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.31.12-174.2.3.fc12.i686.PAE #1 SMP Mon Jan 18 20:06:44 UTC 2010 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

The kernel has a support for the intel card out of the box. That's fine.
It has no out-of-the-box support for the nvidia card though.
And there is the problem... because if I install the nvidia kmod, then I can use the nvidia card well.
But then, I cannot use the intel card with the 3d acceleration.

You may argue : why do I need to use the intel card with 3d acceleration ? And my reason is simply that I love gnome-shell. I use it by now and cannot come back to the normal gnome (or I would'nt like to, I would be sad ... :( ).

And as you may know, gnome-shell needs opengl rendering support which I have not when I have nvidia installed because there seems to be a library conflict between the intel and the nvidia libGL whatever what I do.

Is there anyone who has both cards working with 3d acceleration (would be easier if he was on Fedora too, but otherwise, it still useful to me) ?

Thanks for the help
Alexandre Kaspar

--
http://www.wox-xion.ch/