Re: Anyone using a vpcz11x9e

Bob,
so far general impression with sony Z-series is "broken bioses, noisy
fans, poor support for ANY operating systems".
So if I were you, I'd cancel my order right away.
Btw, I have a Z21WN completely like-new for sale, but I won't recommend
anyone buying it, as Z-series are really poorly made.
So far I did not see a single operating system that would run on this
laptop 100%, every OS has its "issues" :
Linux can't switch gfx cards and Nvidia card drains the battery.
WinXP won't switch gfx neither, and also brightness controls are not
working.
WinVista - not going to even start the list of problems.
Win7 - gfx switch, battery issues, random crashes and reboots.
In addition, the built-in webcam is a really bad one, with shady colors
and no focus at all.

Just my 2c.
Alexei.