Broken wifi?

To start from the beginning - I bought my Sony Vaio VGN-Z11 VN/B about 1,5
years ago. Aside Windows Vista I've been dual-booting Ubuntu almost ever
since. In Ubuntu, and Ubuntu only, I've experienced problems with my
wifi sporadically stopping working. 'Stopping working' as in the front-led
turning off and behaviors as if having rfkilled the wifi. The only way to
get it working again was to reboot OR to suspend/resume. So far, the problem
was very infrequent and mostly related to suspends/resumes not
reinitializing correctly. I didn't think too much about it.

Now just recently, I've been getting the problem in Windows too. Led going
black and the only way to get wifi up again is to reboot or suspend/resume.
I've reinstalled drivers and even reinstalled OS without any improvement.

A third observation is I think the wifi is now sensitive to movement. I.e.
if I carry the laptop or just move it, I suspect it stop working more
easily.

The third observation to me indicates some kind of hardware glitch, but
since I've experienced problems from the beginning only in Linux I'm a bit
confused. However, this is turning in to a nightmare because for the last
few days I can only use wifi for a couple of minutes before it goes off.

Currently I'm running Windows 7 and the latest BIOS. At the moment Ubuntu is
not even installed as I'm trying the sort this out, but I was recently using
Ubuntu Karmic.

Does anyone have any ideas or similar experiences?

Regards,
Kim

Follow ups