Re: VPCZ11Z9E - screen does not light up on resume

On 25.06.2010 13:04, Eric Lacombe wrote:

> Thanks for your help, but I still have a problem, there is this error in
> pm-suspend.log now (by the way I replace "startkde" by "start_kdeinit") :
>
> /usr/bin/xauth:  timeout in locking authority file /root/.Xauthority
> /usr/bin/xauth:  unable to generate an authority file name
>
> I also tried to copy my .Xauthority directly in /root, but the problem still
> persist :/
>
> Any idea?

At least for testing you could enter the command

xauth add `sudo -u yourusername -s xauth list :0.0`

in a root shell prior to testing suspend. The settings should persist,
even when you log out (you can test that by entering "xauth list" in a
new root shell). The advantage of having the commands in the script
would be that is would work for every user, while this way it only would
work (if it helps...) for the user you specified above.

Regards and good luck,

Bernd