Re: Disabling intel graphics

On Wednesday 28 July 2010 03:36:45 Ben Wilson wrote:
> All of the bios modification threads I've come across thus far are for the
> 2009 version of the laptop, do you know of any links for the 2010
> (VPCZ1290) models?

	Unfortunately I don't, though I'm sure that the BIOS will be pretty much
the same between the two versions since the laptops are identical.

	Personally, I'm working on getting both graphics cards to work WITHOUT
having to mod the bios - I've got the Intel card working, though with kernel
hacks etc. The NVidia card almost works I think, but currently the X server
driver thinks that the primary card is in fact the Intel one and so doesn't
try to initialise the correct one.  I'm hoping that this is the only issue,
but since I wasn't that bothered about getting that card working I haven't
looked in to it further yet.

	In the mean time, booting an old kernel in speed mode, then booting the
correct one, lets you use the NVidia card with the NVidia proprietary drivers
- that works fine.

Adam.