vpcz12 and maverick alpha-3

Hi folks,

I tried booting from the latest Ubuntu alpha live CD.  The initial menu
sometimes appears, where you can choose to install or do a memory test, etc.
However, more often than not it doesn't appear and a timeout will cause the
system to go on ahead with booting the live desktop.  The initial menu has
the wrong colors (pink-ish), as well as X once it loads.  Under X, the color
distortion is more severe.  It is nearly impossible to read unless you know
already what should be there.  The physical graphics mode switch doesn't seem
to have any effect on anything.  Whether in speed or stamina position prior
to cold boot, I get the same wrongly colored initial menu (if i get a menu at
all), and then I get the same wrongly colored X (which consistently appears).

Once X loads, the touchpad does not work.  I can flip over to the VTs and back
to X no problem.  The VTs have the wrong colors but otherwise seem to work
fine.

Sound works.  I hear the familiar jingle when the desktop loads.

I tried suspending (via keyboard in X, mostly blindly) and the system appeared
to go into suspend, but on wakeup I was greeted with a blank screen.  Maybe I
shouldn't expect suspend to work from a Live CD but I was just trying to
think of something to do.

So that's the current "out of the box" experience with bleeding edge Ubuntu.

Justin

Follow ups