Memory hole under LInux

Dear all,

I have a Z-series VAIO VPC Z1 with 8 GB RAM. Unfortunately under Linux only 6.4 GB are available, while under Windows 7 originally installed on this machine almost all 8 GB were available. I think this due to some PCI memory hole that is not properly remapped under Linux. I wonder if, among the options available to those who dared to unlock the BIOS, there is also something regarding this issue which might help to fix it under Linux, or if anyone is aware of some other way to get back some of the lost RAM. I'm running CentOS 5.5 x86_64 with a 2.6.35.1 kernel.

Thanks, kind regards
Paolo