Installing Ubuntu on VPC Z12

I've just bought a sony vaio VPCZ12E5E and I'm trying to install
Ubuntu. In my first try the installer wouldn't see the hard disk. I
had to disable the fake raid and tried again. But then I had some
weird graphics problem (screen colors garbled).

After some internet searching, I found many people recommending
different instructions so I am a little lost. Is there a wiki or
something where we can keep track of the latest information?

Also, I am not an linux expert, the most important for me is the intel
graphics. If I can get that to work it would be nice already, perhaps
ignoring the dynamic switch to avoid problems. Can someone help me?

-- Giovanni

Follow ups