Re: Ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick Meerkat) Alpha 3

 Can I ask what display size you have?
-Martin

Den 13-09-2010 12:41, Mauri skrev:
Hi Expert,
i'm novel, and this is my first post on this community :-)
I have a Sony VPCZ12X5E with 2 SSD (64gb x 2) with 1920 resolution monitor and 8 gb of RAM. I want use ubuntu as a normal desktop, I'll work every day with this lapdop, but I don't want use windows ;-) I'm reading on internet, that the linux installation, on this hw, is not easy (path kernel etc.) Can I install this ubuntu testing version? (Linux kernel 2.6.35) Ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick Meerkat) Alpha 3 I would like install Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, but I'm terrified of problems during installation. Another question. I don’t want install 64bit, but a 32bit with a big-kernel (8gb ram). Is it a problem?
What do u suggest me?
Many thanks to all.
Cheers,
Lain