Ubuntu 10.10 on Vaio Z13 with Adam's kernel, TUN module problem

Hi,

I've just installed Ubuntu 10.10 on a vaio VPC-Z13V9E/X, and used
the latest Adam kernel, 2.6.37-6, available at http://www.voip-x.co.uk/files/adam.

Thanks Adam for this great job, it really was straightforward.

- I used the Ubuntu 10.10 installer
- on the first reboot, modified the grub lines so that
        - linux -> linux16
        - initrd -> inird16
        - quiet splash -> i8042.reset i8024.nomux i8024.noloop i8042.nopnp

Then I followed the instructions given in the README at

http://www.voip-x.co.uk/files/adam/IMPORTANT_README

Every thing is working fine. I managed to control Brightness thanks to the battery notification applet.

The only lasting issue has to do with TUN module. It's needed when using Bridged networking with VirtualBox, to access from the host a web server on a virtual machine. The bridge-utils are already installed.  It seems that the installed TUN module was built for the Ubuntu installation kernel version, I say that because when I issue this command:

cat /boot/config-$(uname -r) | grep CONFIG_TUN

the answer is:

CONFIG_TUN=y

Tried:
modprobe tun
doesn't change anything.

Trying
rmmod tun
ERROR: Module tun does not exist in /proc/modules

Am I missing some thing? Do I have to rebuild kernel and modules, which I never did before; my knowledge of linux modules is rather basic.

Thanks
R.B.

Follow ups