share Internet via WiFi

Hi all,

I have VGNZ790DHB with Ubuntu 10.04 installed on it and would like to
share wired Internet connection via WiFi (commercial from Sony says
that it is possible to connect up to 5 devices simultaneously).

Following instructions were found on Ubuntu forums:
1) create new wireless network with the NetworkManager Applet:
      Name: UbuntuAdhoc (most likely the name is not very important),
      Ad-hoc mode in the "Wireless"  tab,
      check "Shared to other computers" in IPv4 tab ,
      Wireless Security: None,
2) Start "Firestarter", check "Enable Internet connection sharing".

After all this manipulations my wireless device (Iphone) can see  this
new network and can connect, but Internet is not accessible. When I
change security method to "WEP 40/128-bit Key", the Iphone connects
with any password I give, but Internet is not available anyway.

Did someone try something similar? Or is the best solution to buy WiFi router?

thank you,
Andrey Sheyko

Follow ups