Re: Ubuntu 2.6.37-9 kernel success

I've added the below lucid repositories to the list of repositories
for my vaio (running Ubuntu Maverick)

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/kernel-ppa/ppa/ubuntu lucid main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/kernel-ppa/ppa/ubuntu lucid main

The 2.6.37-9 (generic) kernel is there. Testing gave the following results:

For Nvidia graphics:
suspend to ram and resuming works
suspend to disk and resuming does not work: suspending seems to work
(the diskled is on as expected), but when resuming the system just
boots as if I hadn't done the suspend.

For intel graphics:
The booting splash screen shows OK when booting, but X does not start
successfully, I end up with a blank screen. Because I couldn't log in,
I don't know if suspending to ram or disk works...

Results:
This kernel is not ok for me since I need both intel and nvidia
(depending on whether I'm using battery or not)

I'm just going to wait on a new kernel from Adam with the latest
intel-drm (I guess this is what I need since his 2.6.37-6-vaioz boots
ok with both nvidia and intel graphics, it just does not suspend).

Regards,

Rutger