Intel black screen on startup

I've been using the Janitor script for a while now.
I recently had to do a fresh install and found some issues. I wont bother
you with them because most have already been reported.

The thing is, I occasionally get a black screen when booting with INTEL on.
When this happens I have to do a cold reboot.
Everything works fine with the NVIDIA, and even with the INTEL, when it
boots!

I have one of the old Vaio Z21WN, with which I had no problems prior to this
fresh install. To get everything working
I had to start with Ubuntu 10.04 and then dist-upgrade to 10.10.

Current kernel is 2.6.35-28 and laptop-mode 0.9-np7 (no Adam's kernel or
patched bios).

Any ideas on how to start looking at the problem? Is there anyway I can get
the logs?

Regards,

Ricardo