Re: new testing release of sony-laptop-zseries 0.9np8pre1

Hi Norbert,

For what it's worth, I am successfully running your
sony-laptop-zseries-0.9np8pre1 module on a vanilla kernel.org 2.6.39-rc7
kernel, which I compiled on ArchLinux.  This is on a VPC Z1390S that I
bought in Nov. 2010.

I'm only using stamina mode.  Suspend works, brightness works, etc... I
haven't found anything that I've lost or gained from my previous 2.6.37.2
kernel (which used Adam's patches etc.), although I think booting and
shutdown both take a bit longer than they used to.  *shrug!*

If you want my dmesg output (with/without sony-laptop set to debug mode) let
me know.

__
mbiggs