Re: Adam's patch on non Ubuntu system?

Thanks Adam

On 06/22/11 08:06, Adam Hill wrote:

	To be honest I'm not sure that there is any need to use my kernel any
more - it was useful when the Intel graphics just didn't work from the stock
kernels but recent versions work pretty well out of the box. So, my advice
would be just to find the latest kernel you can for Gentoo - someone will have
compiled the latest mainline one somewhere!

OK - I thought it does something else as well - my stamina mode is working fine - it's NVidia I wanted to switch on on choice.
I'm using 2.6.38-gentoo

	There are still a few tweaks that you need to do... either:

1) If you never ( or hardly ever ) run Windows, add acpi_osi="" to the kernel
boot parameters. This will set the BIOS in to static switching mode whenever
you shutdown/reboot when running Linux. I.e. the first time you run Linux, you
will need to reboot, but from then on the appropriate speed/stamina LED should
come on as soon as the machine powers up and only one card will be visible. If
you want to switch between the two cards you'll need to switch the
speed/stamina switch and reboot, and then use some sort of trickery to make
sure that the correct X drivers and libraries are loaded. I've posted a script
which may work for this purpose but would have to be modified for Gentoo (
Ubuntu users can use the neater "alternatives" method. )

This would be my case - I don't even have Windows installed at the moment. Trying it now.

zalun