Re: vgn-z, ubuntu and nvidia 9300 gs blinking

Hi,
I experience the same problem with kernel 2.6.37.6 and nvidia drivers
> 260.19.26. Every once in a while the screen blinks, like a single,
fast black flash.
I search a bit on the web and this problem seems to arise with certain
Nvidia graphics chips when Powermizer changes power state. For example
I can reproduce it by letting Powermizer setting the graphic processor
to "Performance Level 0" (after a period if inactivity)  and then
launching some OpenGL program like glxgears. During the transition
from PL0 to PL3 the screen blinks.
Unfortunately Nvidia is not giving much feedback about this problem
and I have not found any solution other that disabling powermizer or
fixing the performance level.

Best,
Mauro