Re: final release of sony-laptop-zseries 0.9np8

Hi Craig,

Am 26.08.2011 01:15, schrieb Craig S. Blackie:
> Would this Janitor script work on the vpcz1 range with the
> tri-switch? Regards,

unfortunately not ...
I would write and maintain such a janitor script for the vpcz-series if
someone would provide me the hardware (for testing, I only have a
VGN-Z21MN with nvidia here) If that would be guaranteed and otherwise
your offer appeals to me, I would start scripting tomorrow ;-)

> On 08/25/2011 07:55 AM, Raphael Gradenwitz wrote: Hi Norbert, hi
> everyone,
>
> Thank you for the good work!
>
> I have adjusted the 'sony-VGN-Zseries-janitor' - script accordingly.
>
> It now work with the newest (yet beta) Ubuntu Oneiric and the new
> "nvidia-current-updates" driver. The switching-mechanism with upstart
> is improved as well. If one deinstalls all nvidia drivers, the
> "xserver-video-nouveau"-driver will get activated while the switching
> will be deactivated. If someone encounters Problems, please send your
> questions to this mailing list with "sony-VGN-Zseries-janitor" in the
> subject-header please.
>
> [http://global-social.net/sony-VGN-Zseries]

regards,
- --

Raphael Gradenwitz
*** GnuPG-FP: 3FEC B9A0 E784 F9B9 8AFA ECD3 EBE1 4E73 B309 66B4 ***