problems with adam's script & ubuntu 11.10

Hi, I upgraded my Ubuntu 11.04 installation to 11.10 (Vaio
VPC-Z13M9E/B). I'm using the Ubuntu stock kernel 3.0.0-12-generic and
sony-laptop-zseries0.9np8 drivers. After some tinkering, I got both
Intel and Nvidia working, but I cannot switch between them
successfully. Apparently Adam's script that copies the driver files in
place does not work any more. When rebooting to Nvidia, the driver
does not activate successfully, although lspci shows that only the
nvidia card is active.

Because the login manager was changed, I put this in the lightdm.conf:

start on ((filesystem
           and runlevel [!06]
           and started dbus
           and started vaioz-gfx-config

When I check the status of the vaioz-gfx-config-script, it reports
that the correct drivers are in place. But apparently something has
changed about the drivers.

Has somebody tweaked Adam's script successfully to make it work with
11.10? Any other ideas what I'm doing wrong?

At the moment I'm just using Intel. Suspend works, so I'm happy. =)
Haven't checked or tweaked power consumption yet.

Thanks for any suggestions,
Heikki

Follow ups