Re: 3.2.0-rc1 on Z21

Hey,

I didn't apply the sony patch either, and mute, vol up/down, brightness up/down and sleep shortcuts are working.

I do not agree with the power consumption though. As I write this email, I have 97% battery and gnome power manager reports 5 hours and 50 minutes remaining.

@Ilya
Did you install laptop mode tools?

/Nicklas

On 2011-11-17 10:07, Ilya Voronin wrote:
I didn't apply any patches. Fn volume and brightness buttons are working OOB. Power consumption still too high.

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 07:28, Rob Mukai <dothedog2010@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:dothedog2010@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Ilya, So did you patch the kernel with the vaio-full-3.0-rc.patch?

    If not, do you Fx buttons work? e.g. does Fn+F5 reduce brightness,
    does Fn+F4 increase volume etc.? Also, how is your power
    consumption?  I just tried to apply the patch to the 3.2.0-rc2
    source and it failed. So I was wondering if the patch was
    incorporated upstream?

    Rob

    On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 12:35 AM, Damien R
    <damienrg+list@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:damienrg%2Blist@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

        On 14 November 2011 12:13, Ilya Voronin <ivoronin@xxxxxxxxx
        <mailto:ivoronin@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
        > I've just installed 3.2.0-rc1 kernel on my Z21 (running
        ubuntu 11.10) and
        > found it works extremely well: no more blank screen on boot,
        suspend/resume
        > fixed.

        Thanks for the feedback. Kernel 3.2 will introduce (I think in
        3.2-rc2) some aspm patches, so pcie_aspm=force will be useless.

        Regards,
        Damien R.