Van: sony-vaio-z-series-bounces+robertogardenier=gmail.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:sony-vaio-z-series-bounces+robertogardenier=gmail.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Namens vick
Verzonden: dinsdag 3 juli 2012 13:57
Aan: sony-vaio-z-series@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Onderwerp: Re: [Sony-vaio-z-series] Link to How-to does not work. Any Mirrors?

>Bios:      Sony – 20120209 - InsydeH2O
>Version HuronRiver.3.61.05.2051R0172H5
>Model: Sony Vaio VPC-Z21L9E
>Dual boot: Yes, with windows 7. This is temporarily until i have
>a complete working Linux installed. When i got a Linux OS installed which is
>able to have multiple screens (3monitors) then i will remove my windows
>installation as well and make it a single boot.
>Ubuntu version: 12.04 LTS

You won't be able to use the media station video outputs at the moment, nobody has figured it out yet. But you should be able to connect 2 monitors directly to your laptop.

>I’ve installed Ubuntu from USB, nothing special. I noticed
>one thing, that with the Ubuntu live boot, my external docking station was working
>properly. Now it doenst recognize it at all.

The only time the media station works is if it's connected to the laptop when booting it, hotplug doesn't work at the moment (the network and DVD actually work, the USB does not).

Here is a link to the different versions of the modules http://www.logic.at/people/preining/software/
Pick the one that matches the kernel you have. You sill need to install the kernel headers and if it complains that it cant find them you might have to export the SYSSRC variable and point it to the location of the headers (something like "export SYSSRC=/usr/src/linux-headers-3.3.0-trunk-amd64" if you are running 3.3.0 64bit kernel for example)