Re: Mint 64 bit on vng-z 11 wn-b

On 30 September 2012 13:34, Tommaso Capelli <thetom199@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thank you so much for the fast answer!
No problem mate,

> So I just have to install mint and don't worry about anything?
I've never used mint, but I think so.
If you want to test if the sony-laptop kernel module is available,
issue the following command first:
sudo modprobe -l | grep sony-laptop

if the result is like the following, the module is present:
kernel/drivers/platform/x86/sony-laptop.ko

I would suggest you to install the latest kernel image available for your
distribution, so that you can have the most recent sony-laptop module version.

If the module is not present you have to configure your kernel and
compile yourself to get it available!

Cheers,
--
Flavio