Vaio VPZ21 PMD

Hi all,

It has been a while since I last tried to get everything in good working
order.
Last time I managed to finally get the PMD to work (the magic trick was the
tutorial from DoTheDog, and to disable fastboot in Bios).

Soon after getting the multi display to work I found the following still
confronting me:
- Configuring the mutli monitor setup makes the x server crash when not
connected to the PMD.
- The PMD keeps blowing steam when connected.

I found out that the last issue has to do something with the power
management, a bug which makes the GPU work on 100%, no matter what.

I don't want to use the PMD knowing that the GPU keeps running hot, 100% of
the time. This lowers its lifespan and is unnecessary.

So my questions are:
- Someone knows how to make the device able to get back to one screen setup
by default, when not connected to the PMD?
- Someone knows how to handle this issue ?

With kind regards,
Roberto

Follow ups