ACPI support on recent sony laptop

Hello everybody,

I have just seen that the PMD now is working well on linux. Now the
only missing support on the linux kernel is about ACPI. As most of you
know, there is a module called sony-laptop inside the kernel, but the
code is old and nobody is updating it.

I worked with Malattia on a new version of this module that is now
published on his git server:
http://git.kamineko.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=linux-sony-2.6.git;a=summary
git://git.kamineko.org/linux-sony-2.6.git

if you compile this module and use it, you can have the new acpi fully
working in all his features, included the ambient light sensor. For
the ambient light sensor also a script is needed to change the
brightness following the values of the sensor, but I already have a
draft of this daemon that is quite working and it is very simple. So
we have the new version available since almost one year but nobody is
updating it in main line!

I have written several email to him and I tried also to write to the
mailing list of linux kernel developers but Malattia told me that he
has no time for that and the linux developers seem are ignoring me.

I don't know if there is someone who is able to update the kernel
module in mainline, anyway if we continue sending emails together to
the linux kernel developers mailing list I think we will obtain
something for sure.

Follow ups