Re: My Vaio is running hot

On Thu, 2013-10-24 at 08:30 +0700, Heikki Wilenius wrote:
> I have a three-year old (I think) Z13 with Ubuntu 12.10 that also
> started switching off because temperature, when under a significant
> CPU load. I think it's because of dust. I just blew some air to the
> fan exit on the left side of the computer, and that helped enough so
> that it does not switch off any more. The temperatures are still quite
> high though, so I guess I should open it up and remove the dust more
> thoroughly. I didn't even have compressed air (currently travelling),
> so maybe you can try that first, as a first aid measure. =)

Yeah, blowing out the fan ducts is usually Step 1. My VPCZ11, on Fedora
20 with a non-debug kernel, at idle running GNOME 3:

Adapter: ISA adapter
Core 0:       +52.0°C  (high = +95.0°C, crit = +105.0°C)
Core 2:       +49.0°C  (high = +95.0°C, crit = +105.0°C)
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey