speechcontrolteam team mailing list archive

( IMPORTANT ) Fwd: An Analysis of TheSII.pdf

Hello Everyone,

Jonathan Marsden was so kind to do a an Analysis of TheSII.pdf
This was proposed by the SII to be the final draft.

The results below are disappointing for the SII.
If modifications are not made we, SpeechControl will have to choose
our own path.

Besides the analysis of below, me and manuèla would also like to point out this:

(15) in draft [1]: the community has a limited voice, which can be
overruled by the council if they wish to do so.
Now I have 2 versions of this document and in draft [2], as Phill send it out,
there is no more Community Representatives ....

[1] http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7607669/a/TheSIIdraft1.pdf
[2] http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7607669/a/TheSIIdraft2.pdf

"Community Representatives
The sole role of community representatives is to ensure that the
members of SII have a voice
in the actions that affect the foundational structure of the
institution. It gives the SII a limited
democracy of sorts."

As the project leader or appointed project representative,
you are allowed to vote when asked to do so, but the rules are unclear.
It seems like you can vote when that makes the council happy,
but if you are considered not in line with their opinion,
they can simply ignore your voting capabilities.