spreadubuntu team mailing list archive

SpreadUbuntu/MarketingTeam Meeting - Saturday 29th of July - 21:00 UTC in #ubuntu-marketing @ freeNode

Hello everyone,

The first coming Saturday 29th of July at 21UTC we plan to hold a meeting in
#ubuntu-marketing to talk and adjust our work around the SpreadUbuntu
Project. Our focus this time will be in the DIY (Do-It-Yourself) repository
with marketing and artwork material for the whole Ubuntu community. Any
other SU related questions will be adressed as well.

We, the Spread Ubuntu team, have been working hard to consolidate all the
previous work done by others and try to find a path for the future of the
project. If you love Ubuntu and would like to help us build a site to spread
it please join us:

* Launchpad - https://launchpad.net/~spreadubuntu
* UbuntuWiki - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MarketingTeam/SpreadUbuntu

We need *a lot of help* in understanding bzr and launchpad in general, so if
you are good at this you may give us a hand too :-)

The project status is as follows:

* Previous DIY and SU projects in launchpad are assigned to us (the SU team)
now
* We have a playground webserver by Houbsi to work with drupal and we have
some mockups for the site and logo as well
* We have started using LaunchPad (LP) to track down task, blueprints ang
getting to know bzr
 * blueprint and the bazaar branch for the drupal template
 * Launchpad will have the elements (using bzr as our DVCS) so we can track
different versions and keep high quality versions of the material without
killing the sites bandwidth or storage space
 * The DIY site will have the latest copy of the elements as well as a
database pointing to the original elements stored in LP (so they can be
retrieved if the user wants)
 * LP will be used for Material translation, change requests, questions &
answers and material storage (through bazaar and probably a PPA)
* The Leonov project will be used as a start for our SUgui (a SU desktop
client for designers/users) and we will implement plug-ins for it so
elements can be edited from within the app (+/- 1 years from now)

See you this saturday in #ubuntu-marketing @ FreeNode

Best regards,

Rubén Romero
https://launchpad.net/~huayra