spreadubuntu team mailing list archive

Re: ccHost for LoCos Was: Intrepid Release Parties!

The status of the project is alpha. We are working towards a working
prototype, hopefully, by the release of Intrepid.

The project is divided in two areas:

1. A site: which has the purpose to give an easy on-the-spot intro for
Ubuntu entusiast on how to help spreading ubuntu locally as fast as
possible[1]
2. The DIY part: A Do-It-Yourself repository for marketing material
which encourages the upload and sharing of new ubuntu related material
and the spreading of available material (as well as translations,
modifications and whatever else wished) of this material. [2]

Right now our focus is number 2, the DIY repository; its status is as following:

We have a test site with a web front end in drupal versions 5[3] and
6[4]. Besides that we are working on the building of the site
infrastructure (Web-frontend, LP OpenID, DB, python connectors, bzr
for DVCS, launchpad for translations/coordination)[5] and the making
of launchpad bzr branches[6] for the code.

What we really need is people coming up with ideas and people willing
to make those ideas a reality (real code :). So the more people that
can join us the merrier!

Before we put this site into production and let know all LoCo members
about it, we need to have something that *really* works. We do not
have that now, but we will get there hopefully by the release of
Ubuntu 9.04. Until then, we will be in an alpha/beta state.

If you or your team want to contribute, please be welcome to do so :-)

Best regards,

Rubén R
https://launchpad.net/~huayra

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MarketingTeam/Projects/SpreadUbuntu/Site