From: Klavs T. Klavsen [mailto:klavs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, July 02, 1999 12:53 PM
To: sslug-teknik@xxxxxxxx
Subject: [TEKNIK] LILO vil ikke boote min linux...

Hej alle,

jeg har beskrevet mit problem på linuxhelp.org på engelsk og derfor står
nedenstående på engelsk...
men det er forhåbentlig ikke noget problem.

I have a problem...

I'm trying out a beta driver for my IBM ServeRAID ctrl.
the kernel detects it and the disks attached to it.

after having written a lilo.conf that says:
boot=/dev/sda
root=/dev/sda1

and the other necessitites

I try to reboot...

when the LILO prompt is suppose to come up,
it says L 0 (again, and again and again - down screen)..

if I try to boot from a rescue floppy and
enter "rescue root=/dev/sda1" it works fine.

can you help me ?

Best regards

Klavs Klavsen

Follow ups