sslug-teknik team mailing list archive

Re: HJÆLP til Linux Redhat 5.2 installation

On Wed, 8 Sep 1999 kim.nielsen@xxxxxx wrote:

> Dear friend, wherever you are
>
> I'm having problems during installation of Linux Redhat 5.2 on my Compaq
> Armada 4220T laptop. Windows 95 is already installed on the laptop and I
> still want to be able to use it after installing Linux. Therefore I have
> created a NEW PARTITION (807 MB)  on my harddisk to be used for Linux. This
> went fine.
>
> I am now trying to install Linux Redhat 5.2 from a CD-ROM and in the
> beginning of the installation, right after choosing language and
> keyboard-type, the CD-ROM is read and then I get the error message:
>
> "Bunzip2: Permission denied
> chmod: /tmp/fdisk: No such file or directory"
>
> My best guess is this: Linux is not able to read/use the new partition, I
> have created. I'm not sure this is the problem, though.
>
>   - WHAT CAN I DO???????
>
> Kim.nielsen@xxxxxx

I write in English, because you did... However, your name
suggests that you might understand Danish as well, which
is (one of) the "standards" on this list. ;-)

My suggestion would be to try removing the partition you
created. The installation program will normally not use
partitions created with DOS/Windows fdisk.

I don't know if this will solve your problem, but it should
be worth the try...

--

Regards    Med venlig hilsen

  Ole Kofoed Hansen