sslug-teknik team mailing list archive

flere server bag en cisco router

How to set up services on other machines than the
primary server behind an ADSL line with an Cisco 677 router.

I have muddled along with the cisco 677 router that I got
delivered with my World Online/Tiscali ADSL line.
With that you are allowed to have more machines on your
local areal network (LAN) where the router is automatically
set up to use the server on 192.168.1.2

If you want to set up servers other than the primary server
that can be used from the outside your LAN, then do the
following, this will set a http server on port 80
up on the machine 192.168.1.3 on the LAN.

telnet 192.168.1.1
(enter password)
en
(enter password again)
set nat entry add 192.168.1.3 80 0.0.0.0 80 tcp
write
reboot

0.0.0.0 identifies the general outside network.
It seems that deletion of nat entries does not work,
you can add a new nat entry that overrides the old one.
Or maybe clear the configuration and type it in anew.

Kind regards
Keld Simonsen

Follow ups