Re: [Introduction] Hello and Welcome :)

Hello Phil.
A ubuntu server is fine then. Will take a little more configuration, but it
is fine. Btw, if you were looking for windows server, then I have a
DreamSpark licence for it (both 2012 and 2008, and both datacenter and
enterprise editions), along with SQL server and Team Foundation Server.

I will contact you regarding this a little further down the stage once I am
deeper into the code for the website. Feel free to grab the website off of
the startubuntu page on ubuntu.

Also, would you have a mysql setup? For any good website, a database
backend is needed...

Thanks
Spider

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 10:26 AM, Phill Whiteside <PhillW@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]
> would not be able to help out with a windows VM).
>
> Regards,
>
> Phill.
>
> @ everyone else.. my wiki page is in my signature.
>
> Regards,
>
> Phill.
>

> On 17 September 2013 23:13, Shorya Raj <rajshorya@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Hello All
>> I am SbSpider, and I started using Ubuntu Desktop a few years ago,
>> because my laptop then did not have the specs required to run even the
>> starter edition of Windows 7 stably - and it was a beautiful decision. Now,
>> with a more powerfull laptop, I use windows 8 and dual boot into Linux
>> Mint, for the more programming and collaborative based projects, while
>> running my own Ubuntu Server installation.
>>
>> I hope to spread knowledge of Ubuntu by joining this team, as I found it
>> a great shift from my then not so stable system - and hence help others.
>>
>> Extra bits of information:
>> To help, as I can not help by word of mouth, I am going to be helping
>> design a website for this project. I have already begun, and am making my
>> website in ASP.NET (C# code behind). Therefore, if you know the C#
>> language, HTML, Javascript, or any other script, then please contact me.
>> You can also grab the code off of launchpad by using " bzr pull
>> lp:startubuntu ". If you can do graphic design, then please add the photos
>> to the website as well, or contact me, as I can then add the graphics to
>> the website. Also, if you can host the website (aka run your own server,
>> preferably a Windows Server due to the C# code behind, but a Ubuntu Server
>> running mono may work as well), then that would be helpful - my own machine
>> is out for a while, and also, having multiple machines would allow for load
>> balancing.
>>

>> Thanks
>> Spider
>>

>> On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 9:53 AM, Ali Linx (amjjawad) <amjjawad@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi StartUbuntu Members :)
>>>
>>>  Hello and Welcome to StartUbuntu Project and Thank You for joining this
>>> team!
>>>
>>> I will try my best to keep this short and simple. Now, we do have 33
>>> members and this is really nice but we seek quality over quantity and I am
>>> sure everyone is here to help and contribute to this project :)
>>>
>>> I have seen so many new names joining which I've never met or known
>>> before. So, allow me to introduce myself.
>>>
>>> My name is Ali and amjjawad is my username on Ubuntu Communities and
>>> this should tell you more about me: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad
>>>
>>> I believe all of you have read StartUbuntu Wiki Page (
>>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StartUbuntu), obviously, otherwise, you
>>> wouldn't be here :P
>>>
>>> This is an introduction email. I'd like and looking forward to get to
>>> know all of you (some over here, I do know them more than I do know myself
>>> :D but others don't so I appreciate if they could be so kind and write few

>>> 2- Introduce yourself
>>> 3- Your short story about Linux (how and when you started, etc)
>>> 4- The purpose of joining this team - what will you do to this team?