Re: [Introduction] Hello and Welcome :)

Hello, my name is Brian Longoria. I’m a Texan by birth. While I live in the
United States again with my great family, I have lived and worked in The
Czech Republic, Japan, South Korea and Haiti. I started using Linux in 2011
with Ubuntu 10.04 and it has progressed from there. Windows (good and bad)
has put food on the table for many years, but Linux is exciting to me. I
now primarily use CrunchBang on my old laptop, Kubuntu on my main home
desktop, with many other flavors on various machines and VirtualBox just to
play with.

I joined this team because I love learning about Linux, and the company I
currently work for still has us using XP in many offices. I’m not sure what
I can offer since I haven’t done any programming since learning Turbo
Pascal 5.5 in the late 80’s, but I do use my influence where I can. Just a
few weeks ago, a friend wanted to re-purpose an old desktop for his son. It
was running Vista, and I convinced him to allow me to put Ubuntu CE on it.
It is a perfect solution for his young son with a good firewall that
protects young eyes. I hope I can add to the team and learn from it as well.

 Cheers!