Re: [Introduction] Hello and Welcome :)

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 6:00 AM, XP to Linux <contact@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  Le 17/09/2013 23:53, Ali Linx (amjjawad) a écrit :
>
>        Hi StartUbuntu Members :)
>
>  Hello and Welcome to StartUbuntu Project and Thank You for joining this
> team!
>
>  I will try my best to keep this short and simple. Now, we do have 33
> members and this is really nice but we seek quality over quantity and I am
> sure everyone is here to help and contribute to this project :)
>
>  I have seen so many new names joining which I've never met or known
> before. So, allow me to introduce myself.
>
> My name is Ali and amjjawad is my username on Ubuntu Communities and this
> should tell you more about me: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad
>
>  I believe all of you have read StartUbuntu Wiki Page (
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StartUbuntu), obviously, otherwise, you wouldn't
> be here :P
>
>  This is an introduction email. I'd like and looking forward to get to
> know all of you (some over here, I do know them more than I do know myself
> :D but others don't so I appreciate if they could be so kind and write few
> lines about them, please).
>
>  So, please, all what you need to do is:
>
>  1- Hit Reply All to this Email
>
> Done! :-)

Hello and welcome :)
Thank you for your reply but you forgot to hit Reply To All so I'm CC'ing
the whole team now :) so that, they get to know you!

>     2- Introduce yourself
>
> Hello!
>
> I'm jérôme from France.

Welcome and we are glad to have a French guy who could help us to spread
the word with his native language ;)
I am waiting for a decent article about StartUbuntu written by your magical
hands, good Sir :)

I do know very basic French but don't count on that, English is almost my
first language :P

>    3- Your short story about Linux (how and when you started, etc)
>
> I was already a big fan of Netscape Navigator since 1996, I embraced the
> Mozilla initiative in 1998. I started selfhosting my services (html 1.0
> website then cms with PHP Nuke) in 2000, using WAMP. I discovered GNU/Linux
> in 2009 with Karmic Koala and definitively ditched Windows products for my
> personal use one year later. I started again my home hosting activities
> with Ubuntu Server 10.10 (hosting mail, xmpp, web [drupal, wordpress,
> mediawiki], mailman,  for personal use, my various businesses and local not
> for profit organisations). I created www.helios.im to promote low cost
> self-hosting on Rapberry Pi & Raspbian. I organize the CryptoParty movement
> in Marseille and maintain www.cryptoparty.fr
> I created a business to promote free software use among medical
> professionals: www.medecinelibre.com I participate in the FreeMedForms
> project, a free software medical record and prescribing suit.
> I'm a fierce defenser of net neutrality and of a decentralized internet.
> I'm also participating in a local not for profit ISP that's part of the
> www.FDN.net network (French Data Network). I'm close to the ideas of a
> net-citizen self-defense organisation called La Quadrature du Cercle,
> although not an official member.
> I'm also finishing my PhD in medicine (general practice).
> I created www.xptolinux.com a few weeks ago to promote the adoption of
> GNU/Linux among Windows XP users. It's a paid for service for remote
> installation of Ubuntu, Xubuntu, Lubuntu, Mint, using live-usb, phone &
> remote desktop.
> I also admit being a hardcore fan of Richard Stallman and endorsing 99% of
> the views of the Free Software Foundation. The remaining 1% represents
> Ubuntu! ;-) I use Ubuntu over Debian only for sentimental reasons (first
> love bias) and I think Ubuntu should one day adopt the Debian social
> contract.
>
> I'm currently running Ubuntu 13.04, Xubuntu 12.10, Ubuntu 12.04, Ubuntu
> Server 12.04, and Raspbian.

Very nice and amazing history. This is really nice and I guess we have an
amazing player here. WOW :D

>    4- The purpose of joining this team - what will you do to this team?
>
> I'll do my best to promote the use of free software, for a free society!

Indeed, we need your help so please, I need:

1- Use the banner of StartUbuntu and include that into your website ;)
2- Please, write an article about StartUbuntu in French
3- Spread the word.

>     5- Anything else that you would like to add :)
>
> Nope, alreay said too much!

That was the point ;) to introduce yourself and write whatever you want :)

My pleasure to know you :)

Best Regards,