Re: Domain

Hi Shorya,

before you decide on a domain name, it is important that you check with
Canonical as they have the trade mark[1]. When I set up ubuntu-youth I
asked them and they were quite happy as it falls under the 'advocacy'
clause. Having their blessing could save headaches further down the line.
(E.G. I had one guy complain to me that I was using the ubuntu name and he
would report me.... emailing back the reply that I had previously got from
Canonical shut him up and made him look to all like the idiot he was).

I've had a quick look and startubuntu.net is available from my registrar
(NetIM [2]) for 10.50 GBP / year.

Regards,

Phill.
1. https://forms.canonical.com/trademark/