Re: Project: Ubuntu aio dvd

On 05/10/2014 06:36 PM, Zeljko Popivoda wrote:
Hi,

Hi,

In few words I want to introduce project "Ubuntu aio dvd".

Project was started in march. Founders are: Milan Rajcic
https://twitter.com/nihil_enochian and me.

The plan is to bring Ubuntu and some official derivatives on one
LiveDVD: Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Ubuntu GNOME, Xubuntu and Lubuntu.

Thank you so much for your email and for introducing this interesting projects to all of us - appreciate that :D

Project goals are same as StartUbuntu goals, and we plan to promoting
StartUbuntu through this project. You will see well known wallpaper on
Ubuntu aio dvd boot meni.

You have my blessing :P

I have prepared an area here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StartUbuntu/Activities#Projects

Or should I start new sub-page for that? maybe it is better to KISS (Keep It Simple and Short) with few lines only. In fact, I have no time to update my own website :( and I guess I need to find sometime to organize the StartUbuntu Wiki Page ... sigh, not sure when. But anyway, I think few lines with links are enough, what do you think?

We are preparing website, accounts on social networks etc.

If you need any kind of help, I'm here ;)
Yes, I have no time to 'do' but I have time to 'advise' :D

ISO'a can download from Sourceforge
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ubuntuaiodvd/. So far near 1200 downloads.

Before couple days Softpedia write about project
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Ubuntu-AIO-DVD-Has-All-Ubuntu-14-04-LTS-Flavors-on-One-Disk-441202.shtml
http://linux.softpedia.com/get/Linux-Distributions/Ubuntu-AIO-DVD-103429.shtml

StartUbuntu IMHO needs such projects to grow even bigger. Once I have some free time, I will sit and re-think about a new strategy ... who said StartUbuntu is targeting Windows XP only? hehe

Cheers,
zpop
Thank you again and if you need anything, please do ping me ;)

All the best and I'm really happy with this project :D specially Ubuntu GNOME is part of this :D hehe

--
Ali/amjjawad
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad