subunit-dev team mailing list archive

build tool -> autoconf

So in my lunchbreak I've migrated subunits build tool from scons to
autoconf.

branch here: https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~lifeless/subunit/autoconf
and a review
https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~lifeless/subunit/autoconf/+merge/6328

Its mainly a mechanical change so I don't expect peer review of the code
to be particularly interesting. I would /prefer/ a review in case I
missed something, and if anyone has a conceptual objection to this,
please say so asap.

I have long regarded choosing SCons for subunit as a valuable mistake.
It helped me learn enough of SCons to be able to criticise it for hours
without taking breath; but it also has made doing things in subunit much
harder than they should have been - for instance getting it packaged and
into distros.

-Rob