subunit-dev team mailing list archive

Re: wasSuccessful() returning False after errors

On Thu, 2010-01-21 at 16:24 +1300, Jonathan Lange wrote:

> The use case is that we don't want the behaviour of our runner (wrt
> exit code) to change based simply on the way we format our output.

Well, there is a bug that talks about the issues here in some detail. I
guess it depends on where you think the boundaries of the runner lie.

What I can say is that my experience exiting with non-zero when a test
has failed in a stream outputter generates significant issues with
non-interactive integration.

I'm open to having a thing in subunit that meets your needs (until you
learn better :P) but I'm not at all convinced that the default behaviour
in subunit is wrong.

-Rob