subunit-dev team mailing list archive

Problem with subunit-ls

Hello all,

I'm trying to reproduce the steps here [1] to run my tempest tests. But I
have problems in this step:

source .tox/py27/bin/activate
testr last --subunit | subunit-filter -s --xfail --with-tag=worker-3 |
subunit-ls > slave-3.list

but simplified this way:

source .tox/py27/bin/activate
testr last --subunit | subunit-ls > slave-3.list

It seems that subunit-ls does not do anything: just prints the same data
than testr last --subunit does. I assume it has to print the list of test
id's.

I attach the file in the mail. I've seen some kind of Microsoft's *^M* end
line character. I'm working in a Mac Book connected remotely via ssh to a
Ubuntu VM... so that's weird for me.

Can you tell me if I do something wrong? Is that ^M 'normal'?

More info:

> pip freeze | grep subunit
python-subunit==0.0.18

> Ubuntu Precise 12.04

> file 0 (attached file)
0: ASCII text, with CRLF, LF line terminators

[1]: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Testr#Reproducing_Failures