syfi team mailing list archive

Re: [HG syfi] Updated tables after new benchmarks for quadrature code, and inserted scaled Deal.II results in tables.

tor, 08.11.2007 kl. 23.47 +0100, skrev Anders Logg:
> Which form is "source element vector"? Is it the linear form
>
>   L = v*f*dx?
>
> How is this computed by SyFi (tabulate_tensor)? It would be
> interesting to compare with the FFC code.
>
> I'm not sure what your timeframe is but maybe you should also include
> timings for FErari-optimized FFC code (in which case you need to bug
> me about activating the optimization again in FFC). We did a series of
> benchmarks for comparing plain FFC code with FErari code a while back
> and the local speedups were typically between a factor 1-4:
>
>     http://www.femcenter.org/pub/preprints/phiprint-2007-04.pdf
>
> /Anders

Ok, I thought the speed-up was < 50%, I don't know where I got that
from. I think you said something like that but it was probably some time
ago.

Anyway, the element matrix calculations only take a few prosent of the
total time (grid + element calc. + matrix assembly). Is this consistent
with your timings.

We will have a look at your preprint.

Kent