Re: [Question #164516]: concurrency problems

Question #164516 on Syncany changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/syncany/+question/164516

Ernesto gave more information on the question:
Well, after looking at the list be seen that indeed the latest version is
newsync and is built with maven. I just need to know how to compile and run
Syncany this way.
I would appreciate if you can explain briefly.

Thanks!

2011/7/12 Philipp C. Heckel <question164516@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Your question #164516 on Syncany changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/syncany/+question/164516

> Philipp C. Heckel proposed the following answer:
> Hallo Ernesto,
>
> Different instances of Syncany (assuming different computer names!!) never
> access the same files on the server. Each instance/computer writes its own
> update file. So there are no concurrency issues here.
>
> The only file that is written by multiple clients is the repository-* file.
> But since this only happens if new shared folders are added, it is very
> unlikely to be overwritten.
>
> The "downloading files" issue only occurs when the computer name of the
> "new
> instance" is the same as the previous one -- because syncany assumes that
> you are the same guy.
>
> Did that answer your questions?
>
> Cheers,
> Philipp
>
> --
> If this answers your question, please go to the following page to let us
> know that it is solved:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/syncany/+question/164516/+confirm?answer_id=0
>
> If you still need help, you can reply to this email or go to the
> following page to enter your feedback:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/syncany/+question/164516
>
> You received this question notification because you asked the question.

Syncany Team, which is an answer contact for Syncany.

Follow ups