Re: [Question #169316]: Storage type performance

Question #169316 on Syncany changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/syncany/+question/169316

Philipp C. Heckel proposed the following answer:
I haven't done any performance tests yet. However, I suspect that the
differences between the storage types strongly depends on their original
transfer speed and overheads.

If bandwidth matters, I would guess that a fast FTP server is most
certainly faster than Amazon S3, simply because of the overhead of the
individual requests, ... but I'm just guessing.

Note that the Picasa plugin is just a proof-of concept implementation
and that a Picasa album is limited to 1000 images (< 1000 Syncany chunks
--> < 1000 files). To actually get it to work with Picasa, one had to
extend the plugin to work with multiple albums.

Syncany Team, which is an answer contact for Syncany.